Self care saves many things - sense of identity, relationships, a woman’s worth, families, mental well-being, confidence - the list is endless. The biggest and most important - SELF CARE SAVES LIVES.
At Mums Who Wine we are proud to support PANDA (Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia) in their mission to help raise awareness and resources for both mothers and fathers suffering perinatal anxiety and depression. This is a prevalent issue, an important issue but often an issue that is NOT discussed. For this reason, we are excited to announce our #SelfCareSaves campaign.
What is #SelfCareSaves?
A campaign created to encourage mothers to invest time in their own self care for the purpose of preserving and protecting their own mental health. It’s that simple. However we can’t do this alone, we need your help!
How can you help?
- Use your membership at one of our affiliates to “fill your cup”, this is why it was created!
- Share the Mums Who Wine Membership VIP benefits to other mums;
- Take the step and attend a Mums Who Wine Event to enjoy a child free night and meet new friends;
- Join us for our First Birthday Party
- Invite another mum out for a walk, coffee or something that will help both of you “fill your cup”.
- Schedule 15-30 min in your day to prioritise some well deserved “me time”.
- Raise your own awareness about perinatal anxiety and depression by visiting the PANDA website - this information may help a mum in your community.
- Whatever you choose, take a photo and share with the hashtag #SelfCareSaves
All we need is a few mums to start prioritising and promoting self care, to spread the message. We firmly believe this is the first important step in dealing with the mummy guilt and lie that self care is a luxury, not a necessity. So come on ladies, let’s unite to invest in our own self care and share the message that #SelfCareSaves.
6 self care saves - commitments